27 Random Things I learned about life in my 27 years of travelling around the sun.
1. You are never too young or too old to travel.
2. There’s a point in time that your parents will be the greatest villain and the greatest hero.
3. You can never have enough books! Collect as many as you can, write the date of purchase and then one day gather them all and see how much your preference have changed.
4. You never grow old, you will just have different priorities.
5. Never miss a dare. You will only have 365 days a year and each year, trends will be different. One day, look back at what you’ve done and say “Whoa, I lived.”
6. Have a blog/ journal. Write whatever you can process. Ideas do come in randomly and unexpectedly and those might become the best ideas you’ll have ever.
7. Looking for your ideal job is like looking for your ideal man.
8. Create your own playlist. Start from the music you’ve been listening for as long as you remember, it is like having a roadtrip to your life.
9. Have someone you look up to make it be a fitspiration, inspiration, mentor or even your parents. Life goals are easier to achieve if you have standards.
10. Try all the hairstyles and haircolor that you can, then have a selfie.
11. If you’re someone like me who haven’t grown taller since the 6th grade, keep all your clothes because fashion trends just keep coming back!
12. Read more articles and current events. Nothing beats the latest news as a conversation starter.
13. The number of social media friends, likes and comments does not measure your value as a person. It is better not to post though as that means you have a life, a real one.
14. Exercise knows no age. So does art.
15. Happy are those with a hefty sense of humor as laughter is the best way to everyone’s heart.
16. Don’t miss an opportunity to say what you feel, especially if those consist of positive emotions.
17. If you are angry, count to from 1-10 before saying anything.
18. Treasure your childhood toys and playmates. You might never play the same way again.
19. Appreciate D-I-Y’s
20. It’s either you ROYGBIV or settle with neutrals.
21. Better read current affairs than showbiz news. Better to know what’s happening in the world rather than knowing who’s who in the entertainment industry.
22. The problems that you might be facing today will be the cause of your smile someday.
23. You may hate your own country but you will always keep coming back to where your real home is.
24. The best way to catch someone’s attention is to put DON’T before anything you write i.e. DON’T read this article.
25. Organic is synonymous to expensive.
26. Beneath the phrase “I don’t mean to offend you but..” has a hidden message that will totally offend you.
27. Avoid comparing. “The only time you look in your neighbor’s bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don’t look in your neighbor’s bowl to see if you have as much as them.” - Louis C. K.